Conveyor turntables are used for a variety of applications in manufacturing and distribution centers. Conveyor Turntables are typically implemented to aid in operator ergonomics as well as increased overall efficiency. Wide arrays of variations are available for custom conveyor turntables, such as manual conveyor turntables, gravity conveyor turntables, and powered conveyor turntables.
Download Technical Drawing
Types of Conveyor Turntables
Powered Rotation Roller Conveyor Turntable
A powered rotation conveyor turntable allows for a change in orientation of a product.
Manual Conveyor Turntable
A manual conveyor turntable
Conveyor Turntable Applications
- Change in Orientation - Used in pallet handling systems as a “square turn” rather than a roller curve
- Improve Efficiency - Loading or unloading of pallets or unit containers to bring product to the operator rather than have operator walk around pallet.
- Can also used in tandem with a hydraulic scissor lift to alleviate bending for operator, further enhancing ergonomics.
Conveyor Turntable Benefits
- Low profile design, as low as 12” top of roller elevation
- Conveyor turntables have a very robust, solid design that does not deflect under load.
- Gear driven rotation eliminates chain slack issues, tighter tolerances.
- Conveyor turntables can handle extremely heavy loads. Standard design up to 5,000 lbs., but custom designs allow for even heavier unit loads.
Conveyor Turntable Specifications
- Conveyor turntables utilize heavy duty welded structural steel weldment frame.
- Rotation is via a heavy duty slew style bearing that is gear driven by an airmotor/gear reducer drivetrain.
- Conveyor turntables are chain drive live roller (CDLR), 2.5” diameter x 11 ga. rollers on 6” roller centers, SEW-Eurodrive gearmotor drive, 460/3/60. Other capacities and configurations are available.
- Minumum height = 18"
- Maximum load = 5,000 lbs
- Conveyor turntables rotate at approximately 10-15 RPM. VFD is typically used to control the speed of rotation
Conveyor Turntable Budgetary Price